Since 1995, I have been focused on user experience and product design for a few larger companies and as a freelance consultant.
Self-Employed (The Gerstle Group, Inc.) 2006-Current
User Experience, Product Design and Information Architecture Consultant
Consulting Product Designer providing User Experience Expertise, Information Architecture and Wireframe Functional Schematics for rich, user-centric, browser-based applications direct to client and through the agencies below.
• Work with clients as a principal and consultant leading teams to deliver successful user-centered solutions for e-commerce interfaces, mobile applications, enterprise applications, and marketing campaigns.
• Design thoughtful and award-winning user-focused interactions, leveraging customer research, usability tests, card sorting research, heuristic analysis, and more.
• Define process flows, information architecture, personas, wireframes and prototypes, to become the backbones for successful digital development.
- RAPP 2017-Current
- Mahalo Digital 2015-Current
- Asterix Group 2012-Current
- Conscious Creative LLC 2010-Current
- Naviscent LLC 2006-Current
- Solution Set 2011-2013
- Traction 2010-2011
- American Express
- Berkeley Art Museum
- CA Technologies
- Charles Schwab
- County of Sonoma, CA
- Das Williams, Assemblyman
- Frusion Wines
- Ft Ross Seaview AVA
- Hilton Honors
- Kenwood Experiences
- Les Concierges
- NorCal Hostels
- Oda Bar and Restaurant
- Radian Generation
- Red Cross
- Somerston Wines
- Success Measures
- University of Phoenix
- Zener-Schon Galleries
- Direct Marketing
Platforms and Technologies
- Complex Forms
- Email Marketing
- Responsive Design
Autodesk, Inc. 2000-2005
Sr. Web Producer – Consultant
Managed information architecture, and content development onto Autodesk’s Sales and Marketing partner portal
• Increased user engagement (time-on-site) by 30%, and total registered users by 40% over one year.
Sr. Web Producer / Product Manager
Managed Internet development projects, interactive online tools, marketing programs, and campaigns
• Implemented company-wide standardization and library of interactive web components.
• Implemented development and deployment standards for online marketing content.
• Implemented user behavior-based marketing and content development.
Sr. Product Manager / Executive Site Producer
Developed and managed product roadmaps and strategies to contribute to the long-term growth of the business division
• Increased product line sales by 300% over 4 years.
Sr. Technical Support Representative
Provided online and phone support to customers for full line of IMSI products
• Developed company’s first web-based “FAQ” resources.